The Lawmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captiosus Intro

3 posters

Go down

Captiosus Intro Empty Captiosus Intro

Post by Captiosus Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Hello all.

My name is Warnie but I go by Captiosus77 on Xbox Live (formerly plain old Captiosus on original Xbox Live, but lost the login information years ago). I'm a 33 year old Network Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA. My wife and I will be celebrating our 13th anniversary on the 19th of this month, and I have a stepson in high school.

I'm currently an unfortunate victim of both the dot-com bust and the current economic crunch. Which is a lengthy way of saying I'm unemployed with dismal prospects - at least for now. Due to my wife's custody arrangements, we can't move out of the area until her son graduates and is no longer considered a minor. In the meantime, I'm back in school to finish my degree.

I've been toying with a radical career change for the last two years, though. I'm not exactly a person who wants to work to get rich. I'd love to BE rich but that's not my end-goal in life. It probably sounds trite, though I bet Shinook knows exactly what I mean when I say this, but I feel that service to others is in my blood. I'm a firm believer in honor, loyalty, trustworthiness and service. These traits were forged by being brought up by an older generation of parents and 20 years in the Scouting program (1988-2008, Eagle Scout in 1994, adult scouter from 1995 to 2008). With that in mind, I'm considering getting out of Information Technology, getting back in shape and applying for the local Sheriff's Department as a deputy.

I've been playing RDR (X360) since the morning after the midnight release (I'm too old for midnight releases now, going to the midnight launch of Wrath of the Lich King almost killed me the next day). Most of my local friends have been looking forward to other games which came out around the same time (Blur, Alan Wake, UFC, et cetera) so very few of them picked up RDR, and even less play multiplayer. So I've been going it alone since release and am now dreadfully tired of solo grinding Twin Rocks and Pike's Basin.

I saw the recruiting thread and decided to join because it's a smaller group with the chance to grow. It has been my experience that joining established, larger, groups ends up being frustrating because they usually have their own cliques of local friends who have been gaming for years together and you spend most of your time feeling like an outsider. I've watched guilds on WoW come and go due to that very issue. So I'd much rather be in a start up where we can all grow together rather than have to join with a bunch of people who think I need to "prove myself" to get into one of the cliques.

Oh and I'm also a photoshop junkie.
Photoshop CS4 64-bit on Win7 Pro ftw. Razz

Captiosus
Deputy
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Captiosus Intro Empty Re: Captiosus Intro

Post by ShinookBreeze Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Cool stuff man. I'm on the PS3 side but own a 360 as well. In fact, my wife rented RDR for the 360 but because I haven't dished out the coin for a wireless adapter yet for my 360, I chose to buy RDR for the PS3 so I could play online.

I'm also a WoW player and have gotten quite for in the game (taken on the Lich king in 10 man raid and have participated in 11/12 fights in 25 man raiding in ICC). At 31 years old I've also passed the age at which I can stand in lines well in to the early AM to pickup a game.

I wish you the best of luck with the Sheriff's Dep. and I'll chat with you on the forums here if you need anything.
ShinookBreeze
ShinookBreeze
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Captiosus Intro Empty i know you, captiosis

Post by ronnyhenri Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Don't i know you from the reddead.net forum?? Razz
ronnyhenri
ronnyhenri
Vigilante
Vigilante