The Lawmen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patch 1.02

5 posters

Go down

Patch 1.02 Empty Patch 1.02

Post by ShinookBreeze Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:01 pm

An automatic title update (version 1.02) is now available for Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You will be prompted to download the title update as soon as you sign into PSN or Xbox LIVE.

The main issues fixed by the title update are as follows:

- Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues (Click here for tips on how to optimize your firewall settings)
- Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
- Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
- Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
- Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
- Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
- Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
- Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
- Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
- Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
- Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
- Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
- Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes

Additionally, this update includes support for a new playlist by popular demand, Hardcore Free Roam supporting only expert aim. This playlist will be released once this title update has time to propagate on both consoles. We will update this post with the word as soon as that playlist is confirmed as functional.

If you are experiencing any other problems, please visit Rockstar Support. If you need help or would like to bring an issue to our attention please don't hesitate to send an email to RDRSupport@rockstargames.com or tweet them to @rockstarsupport.

Yeah, that's right, Hardcore Free Roam. No more noobs or lucky lock ons by our criminal foes. They'll have to earn it Wink
ShinookBreeze
ShinookBreeze
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Patch 1.02 Empty Re: Patch 1.02

Post by Ghost Marshal Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I updated yesterday only to be shocked to find you now only get 500 something Exp points from Solomon's Folly instead of 1000 something.
Ghost Marshal
Ghost Marshal
Marshal
Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captiosus Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:22 am

Ghost Marshal wrote:I updated yesterday only to be shocked to find you now only get 500 something Exp points from Solomon's Folly instead of 1000 something.

Yeah, completely stealth nerfed.

A R* employee finally posts on the comments section of the Rockstar News Wire that they changed the xp to "balance" (Rolling Eyes) it. All they did was make it even more of a pain to level and will either push more people (on 360 at least) to mod their saves or will push people away when they realize that leveling is a pain.

Edit: Since apply the patch, I've had many more random disconnects than I did before the patch. Pre-patch, I got maybe one per night. I got 5 in a 10 minute span after the patch. Sigh.

Captiosus
Deputy
Deputy

Back to top Go down

Post by dysturbed0ne Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:17 am

i was leveling my new marshal character last night at pikes basin. was getting between 2000 and 2300 xp, today it is down to around 1900. glad i grinded out 25 levels last night. good thing is they didn't delete the secret characters Very Happy
dysturbed0ne
dysturbed0ne
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Marshal Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:11 am

Yeah this patch sucks anyway now all I'm going to do is grind Tumbleweed since it gives you 1000+xp.
Ghost Marshal
Ghost Marshal
Marshal
Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post by dysturbed0ne Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:38 am

why not pikes? you get 1900 and i have it down to about 7 - 7 1/2 minutes.
dysturbed0ne
dysturbed0ne
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Marshal Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:44 am

I dont know because I think Tumbleweed is more enjoyable and shorter, but thanks for the heads up on Pikes Basin.
Ghost Marshal
Ghost Marshal
Marshal
Marshal

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyDagmar Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:39 pm

There's an easy way to delete the patch for the PS3 version, and in doing so get the old amounts of XP.

Basically, you go to Game Data Utility and delete the Red Dead Redemption game data. Make sure it says it's the 1.02 version. Don't worry, it won't get rid of your save data. I've already tried this.

Fire up the game, skip the update software prompt, but reinstall the game. Then go into single player, select Multiplayer, then select LAN. You'll be put into an offline session of Multiplayer, where you'll get the old amounts of XP. Yea, it sucks you can't play with your buddies, but for a good 15 minutes I went from a rank 45 to a rank 46. Not bad considering the high ranks need a lot of XP.
JerseyDagmar
JerseyDagmar
Vigilante
Vigilante

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinookBreeze Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Pike's Basin is still decent on the xp, around 1900 per run and you can do it in under 10 mins. So if you're wanna game online in a posse, I recommend Pike's Basin and replay it.
ShinookBreeze
ShinookBreeze
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum